Keeping your house clean can be a major pain. Fox News Magazine has come up with 7 ways you can make that chore a little easier on you:
1. Make your bed RIGHT AFTER you get up in the morning. It should become a regular part of your routine just like brushing your teeth and getting dressed.
2. Don’t procrastinate. Dealing with stuff later means you accumulate clutter. So don’t create ‘piles’ . . . go through stuff immediately and organize it on the spot.
3. Break down jobs into manageable chunks. Assign certain rooms to days of the week . . . like clean the bathroom every Tuesday, and do the laundry on Sunday.
4. Get an empty basket and toss everything into it that doesn’t belong in the room you’re cleaning. Then walk around your house and redistribute stuff to its proper spot.
5. Motivate yourself. Blast your favorite music while you go at it, and set time limits and offer yourself rewards for completed jobs.
6. Hide cleaning supplies in each room. Most people keep all their cleaning supplies in one place . . . under the kitchen sink. Instead, tuck some supplies into every room.
7. Invite people over. You KNOW you’ll get your house clean before they arrive.