THE LIVING THE DREAM –
DREAM HOME LOTTERY CONTEST (the “Contest”)
Official Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
- THE CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest entry period commences at 3:00 p.m. ET on November 1st, 2013 and concludes at 11:59 p.m. ETon January 9th, 2014 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to residents of the Province of Ontario, who, as of the start of the Contest Period, are 19 years of age or older. Employees, directors and officers of Dream Home Lottery License numbers #6144 & #6147, CFHK FM, CKDK FM, CFPL FM, CFPL AM and Corus Entertainment Inc. (the “Contest Sponsors”) any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of the Contest Sponsors (the “Affiliates”) employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, or those with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
From November 1, 2013 until January 9, 2014, FM96, 1031 Fresh FM, AM980 and More 1039 will be encouraging listeners to drop by any of the Dream Home Lottery locations:
1) 18-567 Rosecliffe Terrace, London Ontario, from 12pm – 5pm from Wednesday – Sunday
2) 1632 Blackwell Blvd, London Ontario, from 12pm – 5pm from Wednesday – Sunday
3) 43 Erin Place, Grand Bend Ontario, from 12pm – 5pm from Wednesday – Sunday
And fill in a ballot for their chance to win one of 10 “Living the Dream” prize pack courtesy of Corus Entertainment London.
NOTE: Only one (1) entry per person per Dream Home Location is permitted during the Contest Period. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- WINNER SELECTION
On Friday, January 9, 2013 ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be randomly selected as the potential winner of the Grand Prize, as described below. The potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted by a representative of one of the Contest Sponsors within 2 business days of the draw by telephone and/or email, as provided by the entrant in their Contest entry form. Potential Grand Prize winners found to be ineligible, decline to accept the Grand Prize or who are unable to be contacted (including failing to return phone calls or emails) within 30 business days of the draw may be required to forfeit the Grand Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- THE GRAND PRIZE AND GRAND PRIZE VALUE
There are 10 Grand Prizes to be won. The contents of each Grand Prize is outlined below:
Grand Prize #1:
– Two (2) upper level tickets to see the Philadelphia FLYERS vs The Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday, March 8, 2014at the Air Canada Centre
– Round Trip for two with VIA Rail from London Ontario to Toronto Ontario on March 7 until March 9, 2014
– Two (2) nights accommodations at the Novotel on Esplanade in Toronto Ontario
– Two (2) admissions to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto
Approximate Grand Prize #1 value – $1,399
Grand Prize #2:
– Two (2) Scandinvian Packages” at Le Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain. Packages includes 60- minutes massages, all-day access to baths, robes and Lunch at Café Chartreuse onsite
– Round Trip Transportation for two (2) from London Ontario to Collingwood Ontario courtesy of Checker Limousine.
Approximate Grand Prize #1 value – $1,099
Grand Prizes #3 through #10:
– Dinner at local restaurant (exact restaurants to be confirmed)
– Round Trip Transportation for two (2) courtesy of Checker Limousine.
Grand Prizes #3 – #10 values to be determined once Restaurant Details are finalized.
Only (1) Grand Prize will be awarded per person.
- DEADLINE FOR CLAIMING THE GRAND PRIZE
Following confirmation as a Grand Prize winner in accordance with the Contest Rules, selected entrants will be given instructions and a deadline as to how they must claim the Grand Prize. Potential winners who fail either to claim the Grand Prize or to inform the Contest Sponsors his/her inability to claim the Grand Prize before the deadline, as instructed, may be required to forfeit the Grand Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- GRAND PRIZE CONDITIONS
i) All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein as part of the Grand Prize description, including but not limited to transportation to and from the venue, meals, parking and souvenirs, or items of a personal nature (the “Expenses”) are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner (and/or guest(s) where applicable). All Prize elements are subject to availability and substitution. The Grand Prize winner (and/or guest(s) where applicable) shall not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from the Contest Sponsors.
ii) Guest(s) of the Grand Prize winner who are under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence must obtain the consent of their custodial parent (or if custody is shared, the consent of each custodial parent) or legal guardian to attend.
- ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
None of the Contest Sponsors makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Grand Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. Grand Prize winner(s) understand(s) and acknowledge(s) that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Contest Sponsors should the Grand Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to a Grand Prize winner.
- DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Before being awarded the Grand Prize, the selected entrant:
(a) must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question; and
(b) and his or her guest (or guest(s)’s custodial parent or legal guardian, if a minor) each must sign a standard form Declaration and Release of Liability (the “Release Forms”) confirming that by entering the Contest:
- he or she read, understood and accepted these Contest Rules;
- that he or she understands that acceptance of the Grand Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
- that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning the Grand Prize; and
- that he or she releases, discharges, indemnifies and holds harmless Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., the Contest Sponsors, the Affiliates, the prize providers, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, representatives, licensors and agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Grand Prize, or in connection with participation in this Contest or a Contest-related activity, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting a Prize, whether suffered by the Prize winner, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
Release Forms will be emailed to potential winners at the email address provided on their Contest entry form. Grand Prizes will only be awarded upon (a) verification of the answer to the skill questions and (b) return of the fully executed Release Forms to the email or fax number provided to the Grand Prize winner. Failure to return a signed Release Form as instructed within 15 business days of being sent by the Contest Sponsors may result in disqualification, to be determined in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Grand Prize winners are responsible for obtaining and returning signed copies of Release Forms from their guests, if applicable.
- PRIZE SUBSTITUTION
Grand Prizes and prize portions are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except as may decided by Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify the Grand Prize, or prize portion, with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason. Should a winner be unable to claim his/her Grand Prize or prize portion as awarded, his/her rights to the Grand Prize or prize portion may be required to be forfeited, to be determined in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend, terminate and/or modify the Contest Rules or administration of the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including, if for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, tampering, fraud, corruption of security or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors. The Releasees are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the Grand Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorists acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, performers’ illness, injury or death, or any other cause beyond the Releasees’ sole control.
- OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
Subject to the terms contained in Section 15 below, all entries shall become the property of the Contest Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
By entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world, in all media, in perpetuity, by the Contest Sponsors, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation. The Grand Prize winner further agrees that his or her audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. Entrants understand and acknowledge that CFHK, CKDK, CFPL FM, CFPL AM may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
- CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the “Registrant Information”), each Contest entrant grants permission to the Contest Sponsors to collect and use of the Registrant Information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the Grand Prize winner(s). No correspondence will take place between the Contest Sponsors and the entrants except in connection with the Contest and, in the case of the Grand Prize winner, as a result of entering the Contest and winning the Grand Prize.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest and/or Grand Prizes. The Contest Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify, from this Contest and future contests of the Contest Sponsors, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. The Contest Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest, future contests of the Contest Sponsors and/or winning a prize(s) if, in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion, the Contest Sponsors determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any unlawful or unfair playing practices relating to the Contest (including but not limited to the use of automated quick entry programs), prize(s), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Contest Sponsors representatives. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including lawyers’ fees) from any such entrant or any other individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that the Releasees shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by the entrant for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use, enjoyment or misuse of the Grand Prize, or while preparing for, participating in any Contest-related or Grand Prize-related activity. The Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by any of the Releasees, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions that may cause damage to a user’s system or limit an potential entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
- WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE
These rules and regulations are available online at www.fm96.com, 1031freshfm.com, am980.ca, and more1039.ca and at Corus Radio London studios, located at 380 Wellington St, Room 222, London Ontario, N6A 5B5.
- COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES
All entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.
© Corus Entertainment Inc., 2013.