It’s Canadian Music Week and London is in the spotlight!
First things first, Heart Attack Kids release their first full-length record on FRIDAY before coming home to Call the Office Saturday for their home-town release party. Jared & Nathan invited me into their jam space to talk about the record & play me a little preview…it was LOUD, you’ll have to catch them live this week in Toronto or London!
May 4th @ Cadillac Lounge with Tanya Marie Harris, River Junction Band, Genevieve Fischer, Julia Haggarty and Aaron Allen and the Small City Saints.
FACEBOOK EVENT: http://bit.ly/1VojcGi
Friday May 6th at UG3 Live featuring Londoners Taylor Holden, Wolf Saga, Julia Haggarty, Texas King, Hiroshima Hearts and Mountain of Wolves!
FACEBOOK EVENT: http://bit.ly/1WgpA15
https://taylorholden.bandcamp.com – Pop / Indie Rock
https://wolfsaga.bandcamp.com/ – Electronic Indie
http://juliahaggarty.com/index.html – New Country
https://texasking.ca/ – Indie Rock / Pop
https://hiroshimahearts.bandcamp.com/ – Bluesy Grooves
https://mountainofwolves.bandcamp.com/ – Folk Rock
Canadian Music Week in Toronto – LONDON IS ON Showcases:
(London, Ontario) Tourism London in collaboration with the London Music Office is proud to present two artist showcases at Canadian Music Week 2016 in Toronto. A London is On! country artist showcase will take place on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at the Cadillac Lounge, 1296 Queen Street and a multi-genre London is On! Showcase will take place on Friday, May 6, 2016 at UG3, 365 King St. West. Tickets for the showcase are on sale at www.cmw.net/music for $10.00 in advance. Both showcases are 19+.
London’s country showcase will feature Tanya Marie Harris, the River Junction Band, Genevieve Fisher, Julia Haggarty and also Aaron Allen and the Small City Saints. This showcase kicks off a big year for London’s country music scene after hosting a successful Country Music Association of Ontario (CMAO) regional showcase in March and looking ahead to two summer country festivals with London’s Trackside Music Festival (July 1-2) and Rock the Park Gone Country (July 13-14) before hosting Country Music Week (September 8-11) and the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) Awards September 11, 2016.
“We are excited to collaborate with local partners to not only promote London’s music sector to the industry, but also to create and develop opportunities to promote our talented local artists and showcase London as a vibrant music destination,” said Chris Campbell, Director of Culture & Entertainment Tourism.
“London has incredible musical talent to offer. These showcase opportunities create national recognition for London’s rising stars at Canada’s premier music event. These showcases not only spotlight the artists performing but continue to build awareness for the diverse and powerful musicians that call London home,” said Cory Crossman, London’s Music Industry Development Officer.
Bands performing at the London is On! showcase include; Taylor Holden, Wolf Saga, Julia Haggarty, Hiroshima Hearts, and Hiroshima Hearts and Texas King.
2016 Canadian Broadcast and Industry Awards
Have a look at all the London talent nominated for an industry award at Canadian Music Week next week in Toronto:
- Major Facility Over 8000 – Budweiser Gardens
- Music School – OIART
- Music Director of the Year, Secondary Market – Gary Grivich (BX 93), Mark Cameron (FM 96),
- Toni Ross (Fresh FM)
- Music Director, Small Market – Leigh Robert (Country 104)
- On-Air Talent, Secondary Market – Dave & Rachel (BX 93), Taz, Jim Kelly & Sherrie Rains (FM 96)
- Program Director, Secondary Market – Brad Gibb (FM 96)
- Station of the Year, Small Market – Country 104, Woodstock
- Country Station of the Year – BX 93, Country 104
- A/C Station of the Year – 103.1 Fresh FM
- News Talk Station of the Year – AM 980
- Station of the Year, Medium Market – 102.3 Jack FM, 97.5 London, FM 96 London
Just Announced – CCMA Legends Show
Tickets go on Sale this Friday at 10am via Centennial Hall Box Office
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2016 – 8:00 PM
Not to be missed is the CCMA Legends Show: A Tribute to Yesterday & Today; as this once-in-a-lifetime event pays tribute to Canadian country hits of the past and present by pairing some of Canada’s most cherished country artists, including Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame inductees, with rising and current hit-makers in the industry.
STARTS: Wednesday. May. 4 at 10:00 a.m. ET
ENDS: Thursday May 5 at 10:00 p.m. ET
Link to tickets http://bit.ly/1SKmRvD
- May 4th George Thorogood & the Destroys @ Centennial Hall
- May 4th Father Nelson @ Talbot Street Whiskey House
- May 4th Indie Night @Fitz Rays
- May 5th Michael Schatte Band @ London Music Club
- May 5th Motel Raphael & The Wet Secrets, Waterbaby, Old East @Rum Runners
- May 6th Highway Jones @ Norma Jeans
- May 6th – Heart Attacks ‘No Future’ LP Release Party at Call the Office
- May 10th – Sloan ‘One Chord To Another’ 20th Anniversary Tour @ London Music Hall
- May 10th – James Taylor and His All Star Band @ Budweiser Gardens
- May 7th De Temps Antan @ Aeolian Hall
- May 8th Chris Murphy @Wortley Roadhouse
- May 10th Sloan @ London Music Hall
- May 10th James Taylor & His All Star Band @ Budweiser Gardens
- June 11th – Northcote and The Motorleague @ London Music Hall
- June 23rd – Against Me! and Tim Barry @ London Music Hall
- July 8th – Brian Fallon & The Crowes @ London Music Hall
- July 11th – Steel Panther @ London Music Hall