Canadian Music Week: London Is On! Wrap Up
Canadian Music Week was a few weeks ago but we we wanted to shout out all the London talent that made the trip for a showcase or workshop! A note from Cory Crossman at the London Music Office:
Heads were turning and London, Ontario was on full display at CMW 2016!
Canadian Music Week brings the best and brightest of the industry together for a week of schmoozing, showcasing and selling. With music industry leaders converging from across the world, Canadian Music Week was London’s chance to mark itself as a major hotspot in the nation’s music scene.
With two London venues being nominated at the first annual Live Music Industry Awards and ten nominations at the Canadian Broadcasting Awards, London was already on the conference’s radar, but what made the Forest City really stand out was the quality of our home-grown artists. Tourism London and the London Music Office partnered to present two showcases focused on supporting, promoting and exporting London area talent.
During CMW week we showed the country amazing people, unbelievable artists, and the emergence of a strong unified music sector. Hearing this time and time again it finally sunk it on the train ride home – the future is very bright for London’s music community.
Londoners are invited to bring their guitars and learn techniques used by one of Canada’s best-known folk icons, Joni Mitchell at a June workshop led by Emm Gryner. You’ll also get a chance to play in arguably, one of the largest jam sessions ever held in London, depending on the turnout.
The Grand Theatre stage is set this October for its run of Joni Mitchell: River, starring Gryner and Canadian stage star Louise Pitre.
The June 5 workshop will explore the unique tunings used by Mitchell in her songs, which included hits such as Help Me, Big Yellow Taxi, Chelsea Morning, Woodstock and Both Sides, Now.
Details listed here http://www.grandtheatre.com/index.php?cID=1525
London Music Club’s 12th Anniversary
Hat’s off to Pete Denomme and his team at London Music Club for 12 years of live music! Several thousand concerts later, Pete and the London Music Club are celebrating their 12th anniversary with what else but MORE LIVE MUSIC! Pete Denomme & The Cosmic Cowboys play the big hall with a mix of familiar tunes that will have you dancing all night June 21st!
- May 22nd – Bellone’s Music Open Sundays @ Bellone’s Music Instruments
- May 23 – Selena Gomez @ Budweiser Gardens
- June 20th – Gypsy Ghosts, Run Coyote & Skye Wallace @London Music Hall
- June 20th – the Ultrasounds @ Fitz Rays
- June 21st – London Music Clubs 12th Anniversary (Pete Denomme & the Cosmic Cowboys)
- June 21st – Damn Pigeon (CD Release) @ FitzRays
- June 22nd – Musical Chairs @ St. Regis
- June 11th – Northcote and The Motorleague @ London Music Hall
- June 23rd – Against Me! and Tim Barry @ London Music Hall
- July 8th – Brian Fallon (Of The Gaslight Anthem) & The Crowes @ London Music Hall
- July 11th – Steel Panther @ London Music Hall