Canadian Country Music Week in LONDON!
If you’ve got country lovers in the fam…our sister station Country 104 will be broadcasting live at the corner of Dundas and Wellington tomorrow morning from 5:30a.m. until 10a.m to kick off THE LARGEST event that London has ever hosted, outside of sporting events! Yhere will be a live performance with Meghan Patrick around 8:30a.m.
You could say the Corus Radio London offices are ready, complete with haystacks & JD! Boss Brad is also the boss over at Country 104…I guess that’s why he got a giant head.
There is also a London Knights vs. Country Artists Road Hockey Game at Budweiser Gardens at noon. Place your bets now!
Find out more about the events this week HERE
Almost Half of Canadians Live Paycheque to Paycheque
How stressed would you be if you missed ONE paycheque? A survey done by the Canadian Payroll Association finds that 48 percent of us are living paycheque-to-paycheque and wouldn’t be able to come up with even $2000 for an emergency.
A recent poll done for The Canadian Payroll Association that included over 5,600 people found 48 per cent rely on each payday to cover their bills, and would have a difficult time meeting their financial obligations if their paycheque was delayed just a week.
Half of those polled said they are able to save five per cent or less from their earnings, with 39 per cent describing themselves as “overwhelmed” by their debt.
Around 40 per cent admitted to spending all or more of their net pay each week. A quarter of those polled also said they would be unable to raise $2,000 if an emergency situation happened within the next month.
According to the poll, the most common types of debt were mortgages (26 per cent), followed by credit-card debt (18 per cent), car loans (17 per cent) and a line of credit (16 per cent).
Apple Announces iPhone 7 + iPhone 7 Plus
Today, we ‘officially’ learned about the new iPhone models. Here’s what we know:
- Water Resistant (OK for a pool or toilet accident)
- Dual-Camera system for 2x optical zoom without loss of quality
- Brighter f/1.8 lens & new 12-megapixel sensor
- Front lens for selfies bumped to 7 megapixels
- NO Headphone jack (For use with Airpods, wireless headphones, 5 hr battery life)
- Lightning connector, adapter and Earpods still come with new iPhone
- Second speaker for stereo sound
- Darker color scheme
- Glossy, mirrored finish in Jet Black, Gold, Silver & Rose Gold
- Redesigned home button that is FORCE sensitive with different vibration alerts
- Improved battery life
- More storage