‘Tis the season to open our hearts, and wallets if we can afford to. There’s many holiday campaigns underway that aim to help enrich the lives of families struggling to put food on the table, keep warm, or buy gifts for their children. Keep these local campaigns in mind if you can afford to help out those less fortunate.
1. London Knights Toque Toss With The Unity Project London
As the London Knights welcome the Owen Sound attack to town, they’ll be looking for a hat trick for The Unity Project of London. You’re encouraged to bring a toque for their toque-toss!
2. The Taz Show Toy Drive
In preparation for our Toy Drive Thru at the Delta downtown London on December 16th, we’ll take your toy or cash donations at the radio station – 380 Wellington, 2nd floor, downtown TD Towers, Monday – Friday 9-5pm or at McCabes on Monday night at Richmond and Oxford with Mark Cameron for Monday night football. Please think of us this weekend as you get your shopping done!
4. The 17th Annual London Business Cares Food Drive
Together with local businesses, The London Food Bank hopes to raise 316,000 pounds of food, to beat last year’s collection total of 307,800 pounds. Food bank usage up 12% over last year.
This weekend, Dec. 3rd and 4th, while you’re picking up YOUR groceries, we invite you to pick up a few, non-perishable food items – Volunteers will be on hand at all the locations listed below from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. You can also drop off cash donation. Locations:
- Food Basics – Commissioners
- Food Basics – Commissioners & Wonderland
- Food Basics – Wonderland North
- Loblaws – Richmond & Fanshawe
- Loblaws – Wonderland & Southdale
- Metro – Adelaide North
- Metro – Byron
- Metro – Cherryhill
- Metro – Clarke Road
- Metro – Wellington & Commissioners
- No Frills – Argyle Mall
- No Frills – Southdale East
- No Frills – Southdale West
- No Frills – Wonderland & Fanshawe
- Real Canadian Superstore – Hyde Park
- Real Canadian Superstore – Oxford & Gammage
- Sobey’s – Oxford & Wonderland
4. Mission Services Warm Hands Warm Hearts
This program happens ALL winter, keeping kids warm in our school boards.
5. London Knights Teddy Bear Toss in support of the Salvation Army!
The Salvation Army encourages you to dress your stuffed-toy with hats and or mittens / gloves that they can also donate.
For tickets >> http://www.londonknights.com/