This was not an easy task to narrow down all my fav Hip songs to just 5! 5?!?!
Here’s my best effort at a list.
5) Cordelia – just a rockin’ tune from Road Apples.
4) Grace, Too – always loved the line change of, “I’m TRAGICALLY HIP”
3) Wheat Kings – song about the true story of David Milgaard, sad and beautiful
2) Nautical Disaster – one of the most powerful Hip songs and a lesson in Canadian history.
1) Ahead By A Century – always connected with this song. A song about being young and trying not to disappoint someone. I was in my teens when it was released, so that’s an obvious reason why it remains my all-time favourite Tragically Hip song. There was something special about the video too.