Are you serious, a giant beer bike is coming to London?
This giant bicycle will be taking 16 people (10 peddlers, 1 driver, and 5 others) on tours of London’s craft beer brewaries starting in April. Named “the PedalPub,” Brad Oke hopes it’ll attract new people into #ldnont and #oldeastvillage. pic.twitter.com/J39XsKmhMM— 980 CFPL London News (@AM980News) January 16, 2018
Here are some highlights of the story:
- The bike is being brought to London by Brad Oke, owner of Smackwater Jack’s in Grand Bend.
- Tourism London General Manager John Winston says London is going to be a “test bed” for the experience in Ontario.
- The isn’t licensed for drinking while on the road, but will stop at local breweries including Anderson Craft Ales, London Brewing Co-Op and the soon-to-open Powerhouse.
- The tours are set to start in April and London will have two of these at that time.
- The PedalPub seats 16 people (10 peddlers, 1 driver and 5 other riders who don’t have to pedal).
- The unique vehicle was manufactured in the Netherlands and costs $37,400 US.
Who knew that in 2018 with all the talk about self-driving cars, that we’d revert back to a Flintstones like ride!