Rock Notes

Thom Yorke’s BitTorrent Experiment
If you’re into Radiohead, you probably know that singer Thom Yorke released his second solo album back in the fall. He tried an experiment using BitTorrent where people could buy the record for six dollars US, of which BitTorrent would keep 10% and the other 90% would go to Thom.  It was a fantastic success with Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes registering 4.4 million downloads. Doing the math, this points to an overall gross of $26.4 million, giving Thom a share of $23.76 million.  But that’s...

More Rock Notes

The Feed