Local News (Courtesy of AM980)
Subscribe to channel
A fire last night could have been much worse if it wasn't for the help of a neighbour.
London Fire officials say it was a neighbour who first noticed a house fire at a home in southeast London.
They say an overheated venting fan sparked the blaze in the attic of a house on Ebury Crescent, just north of Southdale shortly before 10 p.m.
Fire officials say a neighbour could see and smell the fire, and went over to inform the homeowner who had no idea a blaze had started in her attic.
The woman then called the fire department.
Fire officials were able to stop the flames before it spread to the rest of the house, but not before it burned much of the roof.
Damage is estimated at $5000.
Return to previous page
Send to a friend